Learn programming and build games with visual code blocks
You may also like
Learn to program with puzzles and easily build your own games. Start by solving coding puzzles. Over 200 puzzles included in 4 adventures. Easily build your own games using the Tynker Workshop which includes 9 game-kits and hundreds of characters.
Learn programming with puzzle adventures (Over 200 levels)
- Codey’s Quest - Use logic and loop variations to lead Codey home.
- Dragon Journey - Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
- Lost in Space - Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
- Lazer Racer - Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
- Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure.
- Puzzle Solutions Available
Then, build your own games with Tynker Workshop
- Create games and apps quickly
- Use the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzle adventures
- Built-in Physics engine for advanced games
- Included: 9 complete pre-built game kits to remix your own game from
- Included: 5 Media Themes with hundreds of assets - Fantasy, Adventure, Sci Fi, Modern and Spooky
- Included: Downloadable Library of Sample coding projects to learn from
- Define your own functions and variables
- Build musical projects using the built-in notes for piano, electric guitar and drums.
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Build an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
The Tynker programming language is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.